For routine dental work see a dentist. For orthodontic work see a licensed orthodontic specialist.  It is possible for dentists to receive basic training in orthodontics, but they are not orthodontists. Trained orthodontists spend two to three years longer in university than dentists plus residency to become specialized and accredited. Read more on why only an orthodontist is an orthodontist

Category: General FAQ

← Why do I need to see an orthodontist rather than a dentist if I need Orthodontic work done?