Dr David Tait
Registered Specialist Orthodontist
BDSc (Qld), MSc, Cert Ortho (Manitoba)
Dr David Tait is recognised as a leading Specialist Orthodontist.
He brings to Toowoomba and its surrounding regions world leading techniques which he mastered while training in North America and Canada.
The program he undertook in Winnipeg, Manitoba taught world leading techniques in the bio-mechanics of orthodontic tooth movement.
He also gained international experience from the prestigious Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto Canada where he undertook a highly specialised Clinical Studies Fellowship only completed by a handful of Australian practitioners.
This Fellowship saw him involved in the orthodontic treatment of the most complex dentofacial disorders such as patients with cleft lip and plate, and other craniofacial disorders.
Servicing Toowoomba for more than 20 years
Before specialising as an Orthodontist, Dr Tait worked as a general Dentist for ten years in the UK, Mt Isa, Toowoomba, and Canberra.
Dr Tait has been leading the team at DR STRAIGHT TEETH for more than 20 years, and gets the best results by ensuring he sees every patient at every visit.
He ensures best practice techniques are used not only for the benefit of his patients, but also for the benefit of current Orthodontists in training, through his lectures at the University of Queensland.
Dr Tait also provides professional development to Dentists.
He grew up on a sheep property outside Miles, Queensland, so enjoys his monthly drives to visit patients from Goondiwindi and surrounding regions.
When not at work Dr Tait likes to keep fit, improve his photography skills, go travelling, tinker with his series 3 landrover, and help out on the family farm.
In a snapshot:
- Current Visiting Post Graduate Clinical Supervisor, UQ Dental School Orthodontic Program
- Master of Science, University of Manitoba, 1993
- Certificate of Proficiency in Clinical Orthodontics, University of Manitoba, 1993
- Clinical Studies Fellow, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada, 1994
- Bachelor of Dental Science with Honours UQ, 1981
- Served local dental community as President, Secretary, Treasurer, Toowoomba sub-branch, Australian Dental Association