- The visit to fit the braces will take between 45 mins to 1 hour, depending on the case.
- There is no pain or discomfort during this visit; however the braces will initially feel quite bulky to the lips and cheeks, but patients soon become accustomed to wearing them.
- Any discomfort associated with the braces is usually experienced 12 – 24 hours after they have been fitted.
- This discomfort is due to the fact that although light forces are applied by the braces, the teeth are not accustomed to this pressure and sometimes they become tender. Patients may wish to take some kind of mild pain relief medication during this time.
- The period of discomfort lasts only a few days while the teeth adjust
← Fitting the braces